The Browns Beauty Channel Ft. Reva Bhatt
Welcome back to the Browns Beauty Channel. Members of our beautiful community are helping you create some of their favourite beauty looks using the most coveted products within our arsenal from some of the biggest names in beauty. Ensuring that every day is a good hair day for you, Stylist Reva Bhatt is giving you her top secrets to creating her go-to sleek low bun. Read and watch on below to emulate this hairstyle at home…
Episode Nine: “Just The Tips” With Reva
Go-To Sleek Low Bun
Please tell us step-by-step how to recreate this look?
1. Wet hair all over then add a few drops of nourishing hydrating hair oil, bringing it through from root to tip.
2. Next, comb the hair into a centre parting and then add some holding cream into roots to smooth away any flyaways, starting at the root and then brushing through to evenly distribute.
3. Follow up with a pea size amount of wax for an extra slick finish and then brush hair back into a tight ponytail, smoothing any bumps.
4. Next, grab the ponytail and twist it round and upward and into a bun, securing with another hair tie.
5. Touch up any baby hairs for the finished sleek bun.
Where will you be going and what will you be doing with this hair style?
Everywhere! From the gym to brunch to a night out - I love this look for every occasion because it's fuss-free and comfortable.
Why is this the perfect everyday hair look?
It's quick and easy, especially on days I am rushing - which honestly is most days!
What drew you to this selection of brands and products?
These products and tools are my go to type of things I gravitate towards when I don't have time and want to look chic. I'm looking for thicker consistency oils, a fine comb to middle part, a thicker flat brush to slick the flyaways.
If you had to pick… What’s your favourite product of them all? And why?
Definitely the Balmain Hair Couture wax - so much so that I stole it from the set… I really liked the texture of it and the fragrance felt lush.
What’s your top tip or trick for luscious locks?
Use a really good sticky wax or balm for that extra sleek look where your flyaways will stay in place the whole day!
DOP: Blue Laybourne
Video Editor: Jonathan Middleton
Writer: Sophy Davis Russell
See All Stories: