Conscious At Browns
In January 2019, alongside Farfetch, we partnered with Good On You, the world’s leading source for fashion brand sustainability ratings. Good On You assesses a brand’s policies and practices in three key areas: people, planet and animals. The ratings are based on publicly available information including industry standards, certifications and a brand’s own reporting.
The Conscious Edit
Our conscious edit is an ever-growing offering of brands and products that have been created with people, planet and animal welfare in mind. In order to be included in The Conscious Edit, brands or products must meet certain criteria.
Progress, Not Perfection
For our smaller, new-to-world brands, we are working to nurture those who are taking tangible steps towards meeting our Conscious goals. In partnership with Farfetch and their in-house sustainability team, we’re offering brands guidance to help their products meet the above criteria.
We’re on a mission to keep offering you more ways to engage with fashion, both creatively and consciously. From spotlighting visionaries who create groundbreaking designs using upcycled and repurposed fabrications, to partnering with innovative marketplaces and rental businesses, we’re looking to continually evolve the future of our fashion and retail offering. Discover our Conscious services Thrift+ For Browns, Made To Measure and Made To Order.
A Responsible Future
We’re also taking a look at the elements that make up the Browns universe. Each year in partnership with Farfetch we measure our carbon footprint to help us to understand our impact. Here are some of the key projects helping us to reduce our climate impact:
- We are working towards all of our sites being powered by renewable energy, currently our Head Office is
- All of our luxury paper bags are made from mixed recycled and FSC sources
- All of our online orders come in cardboard shipping boxes that are made from FSC certified sources and are fully recyclable
- We use eco-envelopes made from FSC and recycled materials in order to reduce the carbon footprint of shipping further
- Conscious packaging is auto-selected at checkout where you receive items in RPET dust bags or suit carriers, a highly durable reusable bag made from recycled plastic bottles
- All Beauty products will be received in water resistant pouches that are made from 50% recycled materials and are recyclable in specialist facilities
- Fragile items come with biodegradable and recyclable packing chips
Our Conscious RPET dust and suit bags are fully recyclable in specialist facilities; if you would like our help with this, please return them to our flagship Boutique, or you can include them in your next online return.
Masters Of...Driving Change
Be Conscious: Haeckels
Be Conscious: Collina Strada
Be Conscious: Duran Lantik
The Zero Waste Table: Native Restaurant