We are looking for a Head of People & Talent to start in April 2018 for a period of approximately 7 months, to cover maternity. The Head of People and Talent will be responsible for establishing Browns as the coolest & kindest employer in the tech/retail space. The objective of this Maternity Cover role is to execute and refine, as required, the 2018 People Strategy, with the overarching goals of improving employee engagement, supporting a high performance culture and positioning Browns according to our values to attract top talent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Senior Leader
This role reports into the CEO and is a pivotal role in the senior leader team, ensuring People are at the centre of all we do. The newly appointed Partner roles for the Talent Acquisition, L&D and People Operations streams report into this crucial position. Strategic leadership, support and drive will be required to ensure all streams in the People function are working in true partnership with each other and with the wider business, driving the wider strategic goals of the business.
- Reporting to the CEO and forming part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will be instrumental in developing and influencing the company’s short & long term vision, strategy and growth plans.
- Partnering with the Senior Leadership Team to determine how the People Team contributes to Browns and Farfetch´s goals and needs.
- Executing the People Team mission and strategy which is aligned to the broader business goals, including comprehensive roadmaps detailing key activities, timelines and metrics to ensure success.
- Detailed knowledge of the business model, including financial and performance metrics.
- Ability to understand and solve a range of complex problems with significance beyond the specific area business area of the People Team, adding strategic value and knowledge to improve the broader business.
- Exerting cross-functional influence across multiple business areas to affect positive change in the organisation.
- Recognised internally as a Leader and Management role model, the Interim Head of People & Talent will act as a Browns ambassador of culture and values.
- Managing the budget for the People department and empowers senior managers to set, manage and cost control their budgets.
- Monitoring market trends, acting as a subject matter expert, disseminating relevant information and implementing best practice.
- Leading, motivating and developing senior team members and ensures resources are in place and operating effectively to meet business goals.
- Recognised as an industry expert, participating in events and being a spokesperson for Browns.
People Team Lead
The primary areas the Department need to deliver on in 2018 are:
- Succession Planning: Identifying rising stars to assess, develop & retain a talent pool for Browns future needs. Identifying and growing talent to fill business-critical positions in the future.
- Systems: Creating a seamless service reflecting our multichannel nature. Developing, delivering the implementation of a large-scale HRIS.
- Engagement: Continuing to build a culture in which we live, breathe, communicate & celebrate our values & the Browns ethos. Facilitating a work environment in which employees are enthusiastic about their work and take positive action to further the Browns reputation and interests.
- Performance: Starting the journey to make sure everyone has clarity in their journey at Browns, promoting & supporting a high performance mentality. Working with line managers to give employees visibility on their performance and career path at Browns. Educating and promoting a mentality in which employees aren’t just driven but can anticipate crises, manage change, and operate in a fast paced environment.
- Learning & Development: Creating opportunities for every person, at every level, to grow & develop at Browns. Implementing a learning and development strategy aiming to develop the Browns workforce' capabilities, skills and competencies in order achieve our targets in a sustainable way.
- Talent Attraction & Recruitment: Creating a buzz externally as a cool employer to attract the coolest & best to ensure we can fill our 2018 expansion targets. Overseeing the creation and delivery of an EVP and Employer Brand strategy to raise the profile of Browns as a best in class employer.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive HR experience within the fashion/tech sector.
- Innovative, inclusive and inspiring leader with a proven track record of driving cultural change and implementing and delivering efficient, customer-centred people services in a ‘best in class’ HR function.
- Extensive experience operating as part of a senior leadership team with solid exposure to shaping business strategy.
- Proven ability to set strategic priorities and organisational goals.
- Proven experience managing department budget
- Results driven with experience in presenting data and performance information up to board level.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Strong people leader with strong experience in developing high performance teams.
- Lives and breathes our brand values and promotes this externally.
- Gravitas and credibility to influence effectively at all levels and be energetic, robust, and tenacious.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence.